True higher education is not a classroom you sit in, but the custom curriculum God has provided for your life. Are you enrolled or are you just auditing?
A new sermon will be written with a few of the notes below. In the meantime, visit Education of the whole man and learn about God’s Education System (GES) from Neal A. Maxwell.
- There are no honorary gospel PhD’s handed out (salvation)
- Cannot buy a diploma (easy on the internet)
- You can’t fake your “personal profile” (LinkedIn) and post erroneous accomplishments
- The price has always remained the same (education bubble to come, inflated prices, easy access to debt and gov have increased the cost for education, but done little to educate.
- “Ever learning, but never coming to a knowledge of the truth” (never crossing the finish line, never passing one class at a time, only audit the course when you think you’re taking it for real) Maxwell
- You can’t cheat through class, it’s hands on practicum with open book tests and retakes
- Test tubes
- Nicodemus know the law, but not the gospel
- Can a man enter into his mothers womb a second time? Can a child obtain a PhD? We must become as little children
- Start right, end right (hinges of gate – Hinckley) begin with the end in mind
- You don’t learn until you teach it
- Equations always balance out <=>
- Intellectual conservatism
- Do you have yours (world, God’s) history right?
- Temple is a classroom (or just 2 hours on repeat?)